Skip to main content

Busy Days!


As predicted, my girl's days have been very busy this week!  Yesterday, she had OT with one of our favorite therapists, who has a little girl just Abby's age.  He's so much fun and Abby adores him.  Today, she had PT and speech and had lots of fun doing those too.  The therapists do a great job of making it as fun as possible.

Abby also got to spend several hours playing with the therapy dogs, Yuba and Katie Bell.  She was the only one in the playroom for most of the time, so she was ecstatic to have the dogs all to herself!  She played doctor, threw toys, brushed them, and gave them lots of hugs. The girl loves her some doggies!!




Eating has been going very well and her chewing looks fantastic!  She was a bit more uncooperative in general today, so she didn't eat quite as much, but that was just her mood.  We are taking the opportunity to try new foods while she has all of this interest in eating!  I keep track of every single thing she eats, because it affects her total caloric intake and how much TPN she gets.  She has currently eaten 15 goldfish in an attempt to avoid falling asleep.  So far, it's working!

We have seen no signs of pancreatitis!  Her numbers are getting better--not normal, but better.  They are going to check her enzymes again on Monday.  The TPN has been cut to 12 hours, which means she only needs it from 6p to 6a now.  She still has the feeding going all of the time, but at least it's only one tube instead of 3.  She is also back to her pre-surgery weight, which makes me very happy.  Next week, they will begin compressing her feeds so that we can have w more manageable home schedule.

Tonight, we had a little "girl time," as Abby likes to say.  I painted her fingernails and toenails....



And she painted mine!  :). You should have seen her eyes light up when I asked her if she wanted to.

The sweet girl next door is going home tomorrow.  I think Abby might cry when she leaves!  She really enjoys spending time with her, and it's so awesome to see kids just be kids.  Abby doesn't see the physical or cognitive delays.  She just sees a little girl with a pretty smile who likes to play.  Love!

On another note, please continue to pray for my dad.  If you've seen my Facebook updates, you know that he is in the hospital for pneumonia and is in a tremendous amount of pain.  He really hasn't gotten much better and they can't figure out the cause of the pain.  He had another CAT scan tonight, so hopefully that will provide some answers.  

Comments

Mary Lou said…
Julie....
"Eating has been going very well and her chewing looks fantastic! We have seen no signs of pancreatitis! Her numbers are getting better--not normal, but better. They are going to check her enzymes again on Monday. The TPN has been cut to 12 hours, which means she only needs it from 6p to 6a now. She still has the feeding going all of the time, but at least it's only one tube instead of 3. She is also back to her pre-surgery weight, which makes me very happy." Thanks be to God!! ;-D
Sorry about your Dad, Friend!! I am a pneumonia survivor--it is a nasty illness--I would definitely not wish it on an enemy!! Hugs!! ;)
Love you later, Raelyn

Popular posts from this blog

Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome

If you happen to pick up the latest Reader's Digest, there is an article in there about Piper Breinholt , a four year old with CCMS.  If you've been around here a while, you'll remember wayyyyyy back when we first received Abby's diagnosis that I was able to speak to Piper's mom, Reagan.  The article is more about their story and not as much about the ins and outs of CCMS, but I think it's probably enough to get some people googling it and I'm hoping a few will end up here. Every once in a while, I give a blog post the title of Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome so that it would show up in Google.  My ever-present hope is that people will stumble across my blog and 1) be encouraged by the hope we have in Christ, 2) feel a connection with someone in a similar situation as them, or 3) get excited over the miracles that have been performed in Abby's life!!  (a combination of all 3 is great too!)  :)   Notice that it's not to get famous and it never wi

The Potty Man

Caleb LOVES to go potty! I have never heard a potty training story like this one....Caleb tells us when he needs to go, we take his diaper off, and he goes! Now, is it perfect? No, not at all! We aren't trying to potty train at at all, but we figure every time he goes is one less diaper we have to change! The only time we consistantly put him on the potty is when we give him a bath (he always pees in the tub, so we know he needs to go!) He almost always goes on the potty now instead of the tub though. When he's not "really" going potty, he's pretending to go potty! He's such a funny kid!

Lego Party: Favors

I'm a little slow in posting the Lego Party pictures, but I think I have a few excuses I could use.  At any rate, I wanted to share what I did for the party!  It will take a few posts, so stay with me.  I'll start with how I did the favors. These are the goody bags I made.  I just bought solid colored gift bags and matched scrapbook paper to each bag.  Then I punched circles and attached them with the 3D foam tape so that the circles were raised. I used the keychain (explained below) as a name tag on the outside. These are Duplo blocks.  I put a round magnet on the back and...voila!  A magnet!  (note:  hot glue doesn't work so well...I ended up reglueing them with my apoxy because the magnets fell off.) I made crayons using Lego man crayons.  Yes, I know this guy has lost half of his leg.  The others were already packaged and I didn't want to open one up just to get a picture.  I used a Lego mold  to make the crayons.  Caleb put small pieces of crayon in each m